"I have held many things in my hands, and lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess."

~~Martin Luther~~



Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Best Friend



I am not great at introductions so I will cut the formality and just say that I am Joelle and I am about to embark on the 39th year of my life and for some reason I feel that this is a monumental year in my life history for me and my family. So here I go and let the adventure begin.

Since 2008, my life puzzle had a few more pieces fit into place. Some may call it fate or luck but I call it destiny. It's that thing that says, whatever things may be in life, are supposed to happen for a reason. So life decided to introduce me to my best friend and now my husband - Dean. It's funny how a series of events that started several years before we met, brought us together at just the right moment in time. After being single for so long, I had tried to convince myself that I didn't need "another half" in my life. I think, for the most part, that I am a strong and independent woman who likes adventure and carries a streak of stubborn in me as well. The "marriage/boyfriend piece" hadn't found its way into my puzzle. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to meet someone and eventually get married but life just kept giving me one adventure after another. And honestly, the puzzle pieces didn't (and sometimes still don't) always fall into place the way I think they should.

But Dean was and is my balance in life. He let me be me - run as fast as I wanted, do what I needed to do - and all the while - he patiently wrapped himself into my life. He added to my adventure, step by step and moment by moment until I finally expressed to him "I don't think I want to go solo anymore."

How grateful I am for him! I love him for so many reasons that I have lost count now. He has been one of my biggest supporters in this part of my life! And now as I turn 39, he has helped me to develop a list of 39 things to do in the year 2010. I am going to post the list on my birthday (in a few days) and over the next year this blog will journal my life, my family and that list.






No comments:

Post a Comment