"I have held many things in my hands, and lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess."

~~Martin Luther~~



Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Is it a new year already?

My last post to this blog was in March of 2012 and now here it is 2013.  I often feel like the older I get the more quickly time moves.  To me it feels like I just get through the holiday season and Christmas arrives again.  Since it has been so long since I have written. . .it may just be appropriate to note some of the highs and lows of 2012.  Here I go.
High - January trip to California! 
Dean had a conference and I got to visit friends!
 

Low - my daughter chose to run away twice
because we asked her to follow the home rules -
Like to clean her room...that was tough.
High - We finished the 2012 Salt Lake Half Marathon
with our personal best times.  That was my 17th half and
Dean's 13th half marathon!
Low - lost a dear friend. 
High - My son turned 16!  He was ordained a priest. (In December
he passed his board of review and became an Eagle Scout!)
High - we participated in and completed our first Ragnar Relay!
198 Miles on the Wasatch Back in 32 hours with a team of 12.

High - trip to Sun Valley.  This is picture from our hike to the
Pioneer Cabin - 7+ miles and 9500 feet.  This is a view from the outhouse.


Low - In March Dean was diagnosed with a
congenital heart defect.  He had surgery in June.
He was drained, frozen and revived in 6 hours.
 
High -This is Dean 2 weeks after his surgery as we were walking a mile every night.  The doctors were amazed by his recovery.
We felt so blessed that his condition was caught by accident and that
technology made him as good as new!
High - Dean's first race after his surgery!
High - it was with the family!
High - Women of Steel Relay
The Ladyz that Rock and Run

High - Rootcano!
Annual end of summer party and celebration
of Grandma's birthday!
High - Halloween Family Night
Pumpkin Heads
High for Sally. . .Low for me.
The first snowfall of the season.
Over 2' fell that day. 
High - tickets to the VIP theatre to see the Hobbit.
Dean doesn't see a movie any other way again.
High - Merry Christmas Eve 2012

I need to always remember:
"A miracle is something that seems impossible
but happens anyway." 
My new favorite quote compliments of the movie Men In Black III
 




No comments:

Post a Comment